The West Bengal Forest Development Corporation Limited (WBFDCL) came into existence in 1974 on the recommendation of National Commission of Agriculture in their Interim Report in 1972 on "Production Forestry - Man-Made Forests". Having been registered as a Company and incorporated as per Companies Act, 1956; the Corporation started functioning on 19th November, 1974. In course of time, the Corporation has diversified its activities into eco - tourism, wood - based industries, NTFP Management, plantations of economically valuable species, etc and expanded its operations almost all over West Bengal. The Authorized Share Capital of the Corporation is Rs. 10 Cr. While the Paid Up Capital is Rs. 6.2225 Cr. [Govt. of West Bengal = Rs. 5.5275 Cr. and Govt. of India Rs. 0.70 Cr].
- To help conserve fragile ecosystem of Darjeeling Himalayas in the areas it operates.
- To promote Joint Forest Management (JFM) with people's participation in South West Bengal.
- To offer timber, non-timber forest produce and value-added forest products at reasonable prices.
- To develop awareness for conservation of nature through eco-tourism.
- To help develop and promote wood-based industries.
- To generate rural employment through forestry, eco - tourism and related activities.
- To provide support to the Forest Department and the Forest Directorate in implementation of their policies, plans and programmes.
West Bengal Forest Development Corporation Limited
KB19 Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700098
Ph No. : 033 23350064 / 033 23358320
Copyright @ "West Bengal Forest Development Corporation Limited" All rights reserved